Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 30--May 9, 2009


I have mentioned a couple of times in earlier updates about how I love to sing my children, much to the chagrin of the nursing staff. Today I caught myself cheerfully singing “happy monthday to you, happy monthday to you.” Our baby is an entire month old today! Where have the past 30 days gone? We no longer measure our time in days but in events.As I reflect back upon Michaels first month, we had already made a trip to Forrest City to buy him a 1940 Farmall “A” tractor. Grandpa John and I have almost finished restoring it for him. Katie’s first month has been a bit less adventurous. I keep asking Beth when are we going to buy Katie’s tractor, but she suggests that I just fix up one of the other rusty hulks sitting in either our yard or daddy’s. We’ll see.Today was yet another day of noting to report. Unless you consider the fact that after 30 days you qualify for free parking! We’ll see to that first thing Monday! Katie, however, has been her charming and adorable self. She had lots of visitors today, in the way of grandparents. Granny Irene, Papa John, Nana Joan, and Papa Bennie all took their turns at attempting to spoil her more than the last.Of course Beth and I got in our fair share as well. We also try to be present especially during feedings, so that we can be a distinct part of that process. Her thrush is still very bad. Even with the aggravation and discomfort that must accompany this condition, we are still managing to coax about 10-15ccs of milk into Katie per feeding. This is less than half an ounce. We had one or two good days, but it seems now that we have just grabbed a rung in the ladder and are holding on. We do not want to go back, and we can’t go forward. There has been no change in her condition or feedings now in several days. It seems that we have landed on a plateau. We’ll keep walking until we get to the other side, frustrating though it may be.I feel it appropriate since it is Mother’s day weekend to thank my wife for the wonderful Mother that she is. She is constantly giving of herself to her family. Even when she doesn’t feel like it, she keeps going. Especially in this situation, she has somehow managed to find the strength, endurance, courage, and faith to press on. All the while not only displaying overwhelming concern at the bedside of our Katie, but also showing love for Michael, and me. She has fought exhaustion, frustration, depression, anxiety and loneliness and quite handily overcome them all. She has been able to essentially pick up and move to a new home at a moments notice, slowly heal from child bearing, play on the floor with Michael, entertain guests, prepare meals, pump milk, hold my hand, and still walk with pride and grace into that Transitional Care Nursery. Rest for Beth, has become a luxury rarely enjoyed.I am so thankful for her. I can’t imagine how I would have made it through this without her by my side. She exhibits all of the finer the characteristics of a God fearing, devoted and loving wife and momma!She asked me just moments ago, “couldn’t you wait to send out the update? There’s really nothing to say.” I simply replied “no.” Then she very understandingly said that she was going on to bed. I promised I would be right there.Tomorrow’s story hasn’t been written, but for today I would like to say, “Thank you Beth for being my wife, my best friend, my co-worker. Thank you for making me two beautiful and perfect children. Thank you for sharing the rest and best of our lives together.”Proverbs 18:22 reads: “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.”It is quite obvious that I obtained favor from the Lord when you married me. I love you dear. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment